Updated 1-9 Form (2020) For California Businesses and Employers in Sacramento, CA
It is here…be sure to swap out the Form I-9 included in your new hire packet to the most current version!
If you or anyone on your team will be completing the Form I-9 on behalf of the company and need a refresher training, reach out to your HR Ninja!
Friendly Reminders For Employers:
- An employer cannot tell the employee which documents to provide for completing
the Form I-9 (other than to provide the list of acceptable documents)
- Section 1 must be completed by the employee on day 1 of employment
- Section 2 must be completed by the employer within the first 3 days of employment
- I-9 forms should be retained separately from all other employment records (in a
separate binder of file)
- Form I-9 must be completed in English
- When an employee becomes terminated, the Form I-9 must be retained for 3 years
from the date of hire or 1-year past termination, whichever is longer
Elmore HR Consulting Is Your Source For Real-Time HR management, education and resources. Contact us for a free evaluation for custom HR services to stay current with Sacramento employment regulations, plus all of your general HR services!