Paid Sick Leave Reminders For Employers in Sacramento, CA
All employees in the Greater Sacramento area, including Folsom, CA, must receive 24 hours or 3 days – or whichever is greater.
May be used for one of the following circumstances:
- an employee’s self or a family member for the diagnosis;
- care or treatment of an existing health condition or preventive care;
- or specified purposes for an employee who is a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking.
This paid sick time leave is protected when paid sick leave is available and elected for use, without consequence or retaliation.
As an employer developing a paid sick leave policy, you must not:
- Require a doctor’s note;
- Require them to find their own replacement worker;
- Deny their right to use the time;
- Apply any consequence
If an employee has 3 consecutive days of absence or mentions a serious medical condition, there may be a need for leave considerations.
Elmore HR Consulting Is Here To Help!
If you need assistance navigating these situations, reach out to us for help! Elmore HR Consulting provides human resources services and employee management support so you can get back to the things you are passionate about in your business.