9 Items Required On Employee Paystubs To Reduce Your Company’s Exposure To Penalties in Sacramento, CA
One of the quickest ways to reduce your exposure to costly penalties is by ensuring that the required specifics are included on every employee’s itemized wage statement.
Do a quick check to confirm that your pay stubs include all of these items:
- Start and end date for the pay period
- Gross wages earned in the pay period
- Net wages earned in the pay period
- Total hours worked in the pay period (for Non-Exempt employees)
- All deductions
- Employee’s name and identifying info (last 4 of SSN or Employee ID )
- Name and address of the legal entity that is the employer (exact match)
- All applicable hourly rates in effect during the pay period, along with the
- number of hours associated
- Paid Sick Leave or PTO balance
And, if applicable, it is recommended to include information related to piece rates. This also includes rates and hours related to temporary service workers.
Elmore HR Is Here To Help!
Contact us today for a free evaluation for HR services and support so you can get back to the things you are passionate about in your business.