Holiday Are Here! Prepare For Employee Policies & Parties For your Sacramento Company
Hard to believe, but the holiday season is upon us. Here are some things to consider in the workplace during this season.
What To Keep In Mind During The Holidays:
- Got a sick employee the day before or after a holiday with sick time available? Do not automatically deny holiday pay (even if your policy states such), that could be considered retaliation under the Paid Sick Leave requirements.
- It may be harder for employees to keep focus at work. Can you schedule a half-day, full-day or a couple of hours off for each employee to tackle some personal tasks or endeavors as a holiday gift?
- Not everyone may be excited about baking cookies for the office, make events voluntary rather than mandatory.
- Will there be alcohol at company events? If so, consider paying for Uber/Lyft reimbursement both ways… home and back to pick up a car left at an event.
- Is your office slower during this time? If so, use the time to have a conversation about what employees enjoy, their position challenges and what their professional goals are going into the new year.
- When is your ugly sweater/catered lunch/dessert bar/potluck/volunteer day? Here are a few tips for a safe, successful office party!
Elmore HR Consulting Is Here To Help!
Contact us for a free evaluation for HR services and support so you can get back to the things you are passionate about in your business.